Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Respect Dare



40 Days to a Deeper Connection with God and Your Husband
By Nina Roesner



While I have really enjoyed reading this book, I was a little disappointed with the format.

I guess what I was hoping was that the book would give an idea of something different I could do each day that would be a blessing to my husband for that day and would, in turn, help us to develop a natural habit of respect between us as a result. What the book actually does is give a different respect-related principle to keep in mind for each day (which begins to be a little on the overload side after a few days) with some specific suggestions here and there. Don’t get me wrong, its ALL helpful, but I don’t find that the content of the book is conducive to a “principle per day” format. I kinda get the feeling that Nina only used that format to sell books because its popular right now – and I can understand that since the only reason I picked up this book was because I was hoping for a practical guide to 40 specific days of different specific ways to show respect to my husband. And that’s what I didn’t quite receive from The Respect Dare.

1 comment:

  1. "I was hoping for a practical guide to 40 specific days of different specific ways to show respect to my husband."

    That is exactly why I was interested in reviewing this book and now I'm not going to request it. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete